All candles sold come with a candle care card that needs to be read before lighting your candle.
It's important to ensure you follow these simple steps to ensure your burning candles safely in your home or office.
If you have any questions, please send us a message and we would be more than happy to help.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles before leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Keep burning candles away from children, pets and flammable material. Glass may become hot.
- Burn your candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface in a draft free area.
Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4-5 hours at a time as this can cause the container to get too hot and possibly crack or smash. This will also help to maximise the life of your candle.
- Each time you light your candle ensure that you burn it long enough so that the pool of wax has extended to the edges of the container. This will prevent a tunnel forming in the centre and will help you maximise the life and fragrance of your candle.
- Trim the wick to approx. 5 mm before relighting. Trimming the wick each time will help your candle to burn evenly and longer, helping to eliminate smoking and minimising soot forming on the container. This will also help the fragrance last longer during your candle burns.
- Stop burning your candle when approximately 2cm of wax remain in the jar to avoid potential fire hazard or cracking of your jar.
- You will maximise your scent throw by keeping windows and doors closed.
CREATING A BURN MEMORY - When lighting a candle for the first time, it's important to allow the wax to melt all the way to the edges of the jar. This first burn should last as long as it takes to do this. If you don't allow the wax to pool on the first burn, you may get wax remaining along the sides of your jar.
HOW TO STORE YOUR SOY CANDLES & MELTS - Candles are sensitive to temperature and sunlight. Store your candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.